Holy smoke! History’s Cross-Country Cookout takes over New York today
Head to Union Square for 2,000 pounds of BBQ, History merch and games
Tue Jun 24 2014
On Tuesday, June 24 only, Union Square will get transformed into a massive BBQ party, courtesy of History (formerly known as the History Channel) and its Cross-Country Cookout. The star of the roving ‘cue event is the Ultimate Smoker and Grill, an 80-foot-long monster with the capacity to cook up the equivalent of 1,000 hot dogs or 500 hamburgers at once.
Helming the imposing grill is its creator, Trace “Rib-Whisperer” Arnold, a Texas-born pit master who will be dishing out his signature hickory-smoked and jalapeño-cheddar sausage from his Frisco, Texas, restaurant, 3 Stacks Smoke and Tap House. The party goes on until 6pm and also features screenings of History TV content and games inspired by their hit shows, like the American Pickers Claw Game and the Swamp People Gator Tag. Sounds like it’s worth an extra-long lunch break.
Get in touch
- Awesome photos of the NYC LGBT Pride March
- Marc Maron talks feral cats and returning to NYC
- The best art exhibitions to see this summer
- Patti LuPone talks theater, pepper blood and her new play at Lincoln Center
- 10 reasons why Goodfellas is the most important movie of the last 25 years
- The 20 best bagels in New York, ranked
- Game of Thrones' most shocking moments
- Amazing pictures of classic Broadway shows by Joan Marcus
- The best outdoor yoga in NYC
- Take a tour of New York’s most beautiful bridges