Meet Mister Benedict, a brunch-only pop-up in Soho
There are seven—yes, seven—versions of the brunch staple to choose from at this weekend pop-up, taking over downtown's Chalk Point Kitchen
Thu May 15 2014
Photograph: Moises de Pena
Chalk Point Kitchen
We're on a bit of a brunch kick here at Time Out—see our 50 best brunch places in NYC roundup for proof!—and news of an eggs-Benedict pop-up inside Soho's Chalk Point Kitchen is just fanning the fires. From 11am to 4pm every Saturday and Sunday, the rustic dining room will transform into Mister Benedict's, dishing out seven takes on the brunch-time classic: The Benedicts begin with poached farm eggs, spinach and hollandaise sauce on a Thomas' English muffin, but get jazzed up with hot-and-spicy kimchi, Maine peekytoe crab or smoked wild salmon.
Beyond the Bennies, there will be caramelized-banana French toast built with Grandaisy Bakery multigrain bread; egg sandwiches crowned with black-truffle mayo, Gruyère and smoked bacon; and avocado hash with griddled eggs, Yukon gold potatoes and Urfa peppers. And yes, there will be Bloody Marys—an entire tableside cart of 'em downstairs in the restaurant's basement lounge, the Handy Liquor Bar, stocked with Bloody basics (vodkas, tomato juices, hot sauces) and myriad toppings like jalapeños, shrimp and stuffed olives. We know where we'll be nursing our morning-after hangovers this weekend.
Get in touch
- The 100 best movies of all time
- Jane Lynch talks about her musical journey and her show at Joe’s Pub
- The best psychics in NYC
- Quiz: How much of a New Yorker are you?
- The best cheap haircuts in NYC
- Comedian duo Desus and Mero share a guide to their favorite Bronx spots
- The 12 best restaurants for dim sum in NYC
- See the progress at the gargantuan Hudson Yards development project
- The best gelato shops in NYC
- See stunning photos from NYC Bodypainting Day