Oh gnome you didn’t! Chouffe Fest to take over Brooklyn Night Bazaar
Folklore festival celebrates Belgian craft beer
Wed Jun 18 2014
The gnomes are coming! On Thursday, a one-night Belgian craft-beer celebration dubbed Chouffe Fest will transform Brooklyn Night Bazaar into a gnome-themed playground. Thanks to oversize decor and red pointy caps, you’ll feel like one of the tiny folklore creatures while posing for photos on a throne (a wooden chair fit for a giant).
A $10 ticket gets you access to all of the event’s activities, plus two slices from Eddie's Pizza and three suds from Brewery Achouffe: La Chouffe (the original pint created by the brewery-founding brothers-in-law in 1982), a blond ale with peppery spice and fruity notes; McChouffe, a Belgian-Scottish dark ale that hits toffee, caramel and nutty marks; Houblon Chouffe, a triple IPA with loads of citrus hops and a touch of honey.
After you’ve slung back a few pints, immortalize your mythical self with a caricature, join a game of life-size checkers and Jenga, or dance to DJ sets and a live performance by Baby Soda. Then take home souvenir screenprinted posters and letterpress postcards. 165 Banker St at Norman Ave, Greenpoint, Brooklyn (no phone, chouffefest.com). 7–11pm; $10
- Five things you need to know about FKA twigs
- The ten burger commandments
- Susan Sarandon joins Time Out New York
- Cool sneakers alert
- Newport Folk Festival 2014: Our favorite photos
- NYC vs. LA apartments: What can you get for $2,000?
- The best things to do in Bay Ridge
- Cool things to do on NYC rooftops
- 33 people you will definitely see on the subway
- Pat Kiernan interview