Stumptown partners with Poler for new camp coffee kit
Lauded Portland, Oregon coffee roasters Stumptown and outdoor-gear specialists Poler debut a camp-ready brew kit.
Mon Sep 30 2013
Calling all trail trekkers, backpack adventurers and round-the-clock cubicle dwellers: Stumptown—the Portland, Oregon, java juggernaut—has teamed up with camp-gear gurus Poler to make this smart, on-the-go coffee kit, launched in August. Utile and compact, the durable pack is filed with top-of-the-line goods needed to make a rousing cup o’ joe anywhere (if you have the means to boil water). Inside the leather-strapped carryall, find a sleek, steel Porlex burr mill—grind ranges from French-press-coarse to espresso-fine—an AeroPress coffee maker with paper filters, two lightweight enamel mugs and a handy brewing guide. And when the only other caffeine source within eyeshot is a roadside fast-food pot or spectacularly bland office perk, the included 12-ounce bag of Stumptown’s robust, chocolate-rich Holler Mountain roast is an outright godsend. Don’t let the price give you sticker shock—it’s surprisingly economical for a first-rate eye-opener, when you consider the average American drops 1,000-plus buckaroos on coffee each year. Stumptown Coffee Roasters, 30 W 8th St at MacDougal St (347-414-7802, stumptowncoffee.com). $125.
You might also like
Food & Drink events calendar
- 100 best New York restaurants
- Christmas Eve and Christmas Day dinner at NYC restaurants
- 50 best New York bars
- Ice-cream sundaes come back into cool
- 100 best New York restaurants: New American food
- NYC’s 12 best sushi restaurants: Top spots for Japanese food
- Cheap eats in NYC: The best budget dining in New York
- Best burgers in New York City 2013
- New breweries: Get the scoop on five outer-borough beer-makers
- Rooftop bars in NYC: visit the city’s best elevated bars