Tickets now on sale for the Food Network NYC Wine and Food Festival
The star-chef food fête is coming back this fall
Mon Jun 23 2014
Photograph: Caroline Voagen Nelson
Food Network’s fall fête will return for its seventh round in October with more than 100 tastings, seminars, intimate dinners and late-night parties. Tickets hit virtual box offices today on the event's website and range from $25 single-event stubs to $2,020 package passes. We're happy to see that more than 30 budget-friendly events ($100 or under) are on the lineup this year, including classes for making beef jerky and sausages or pairing chocolate and whiskey. Proceeds from the event benefit two campaigns: Share Our Strength’s No Kid Hungry and the Food Bank For New York City.
Kick off the four-day festival at La Sagra Slices, an open-air pizza party with the city’s top trattorias, meatball shops and slice joints curated by Time Out New York and Michele Iuliano of Luzzo’s BK. Rolling out a new line of Bongiovi (pronounced bon-joe-vee) pasta sauces, feather-haired frontman Jon Bon Jovi will make an appearance alongside Travel Channel’s Adam Richman.
Don't miss cronut creator Dominique Ansel, who is set to host his pastry peers at the High Line Hotel for a Wonderland-inspired soiree with dreamy desserts, or celeb chef Bobby Flay as he headlines a tequila and taco party on the roof of Pier 92 overlooking the Hudson River.
Two sports-centric events also made the roster this year, including the Jets and Chefs Ultimate Tailgate, where Hall-of-Famer Joe Namath joins Mario Batali for game-day eats like ribs, wings and, of course, beer. Plus, the New York Yankees’ All Star Brunch features meet-and-greets with former pinstripe players Ron Guidry, Dwight Gooden, Jeff Nelson, Mike Torrez and Mickey Rivers.
Though the festival is a few months off, we’re looking at it as due time to prepare for a long weekend of eating our way through Manhattan.
Get in touch
- Quiz: How much of a New Yorker are you?
- Comedian duo Desus and Mero share a guide to their favorite Bronx spots
- The 12 best restaurants for dim sum in NYC
- See the progress at the gargantuan Hudson Yards development project
- The best gelato shops in NYC
- See stunning photos from NYC Bodypainting Day
- Courtney Barnett on blowing up, endlessly touring and chowing down at Roberta’s
- Check out these photos of New York's cutest bodega cats
- The 10 best acts to see at Afropunk Festival 2015
- The best tiki bars and beach bars in NYC