Tiki Disco is kicking off summer at the Well
After splitting up with Roberta’s, Tiki Disco’s summer parties find a new home
Wed May 28 2014
Photograph: Kenny Rodriguez
Fans of Tiki Disco’s legendary bashes at Roberta’s garden feared for their summer fun after it was announced that the Bushwick pizzeria was parting ways with the party crew after working together for five years. The Tiki Disco team's innate talent for bringing down the house has been proven at all sorts of bashes—from Halloween at the Standard's Le Bain to poolside fetes in Miami—but it's those summer Sundays that earned them a special spot in the hearts of party-loving Brooklynites. The day-drinking, mad-dancing festivities started out at Roberta's garden and eventually expanded to the Knockdown Center in Queens and Rippers in the Rockaways, making resident DJs Eli Escobar, Lloydski and Andy Pry the kings of warm-weather fun.
No wonder we were thrilled when Tiki Disco took to Twitter to announce their summer kickoff party will be back, taking over East Williamsburg’s the Well on Sunday, June 1 from 2 to 10pm. The party's price tag has been jacked up from gratis to ten buckaroos, but with the Well's massive backyard space and equally expansive beer offerings (more than 300!), we're not too miffed about forking over a Hamilton. Gear up for the tiki festivities with a tropical quaff (or five)—hey, we're not judging.
Get in touch
- The 20 best spas in NYC
- Stunning aerial photos of NYC in winter
- How many of NYC's best restaurants have you eaten at?
- Ten erotic books hotter and better than Fifty Shades of Grey
- The best soups, stews and soul-warming bowls in NYC
- The 15 best sex scenes with no sex in them
- Tom Scharpling on the return of The Best Show
- The best Italian restaurants in New York
- Adorable photos from the Westminster dog show
- Adam DeVine talks Workaholics