10 people who really need to enroll in Broadway Bodies' Beyoncé dance class
It’s not easy getting Queen Bey’s moves right, as these folks illustrate all too well on YouTube…
Thu Jun 5 2014
Chelsea's Broadway Bodies dance studio has started offering twice-weekly classes to teach people how to dance just like Beyoncé. That got us thinking about just how many Sasha Fierce-wannabes are in need of that kind of tutelage.
From kids in clown masks to women in bathtubs to big guys in leotards, people all around the world have been trying, and failing, to dance like Beyoncé (and then posting their pitiful attempts to YouTube) for far too long. Not that we really want them to stop…
All right, so this guy can actually kind of dance. But it’s so over-the-top that it ends up looking more ridiculous rather than good. Watch it and you’ll see what we mean.
We think this is supposed to be sexy…possibly…not sure. It starts with an ominous silence and ends up with a woman just attempting to get off a bed repeatedly.
Partly terrifying, pretty weird, but there’s an excellent payoff at the end.
We know she’s the First Lady, but put some effort into it, Michelle. She’s cooler than most other first ladies, but this is still just halfhearted mom-dancing.
Absolutely fantastic. Just…why? And a bathtub?
Faceplant á la The Ring
You’ll think it’s the girl from The Ring. Then she weirdly grows an extra arm. And then it really gets going.
Kid in a hat
We're not sure what's worse here...his moves, or his hat.
Drunk in Love (on ice)
If she is drunk on anything, it’s not ice. (Spoiler alert: It’s more likely alcohol, given how stupid this is.)
Big dude in a leotard
This video is weirdly hypnotic, kind of like when you can’t take your eyes away from a fire.
Dog does it
The fact that this mutt is probably the best dancer on the list might be the saddest thing we discovered today.
Get in touch
- The 10 best shows at SummerStage 2015
- Juliette Binoche on the seduction of acting
- 101 things to do in New York
- See Broadway’s sexiest in Top Bottoms of Burlesque
- Your favorite Game of Thrones characters played by notable New Yorkers
- The best flea markets in New York
- 20 reasons why spring makes us better New Yorkers
- Cool producers you need to know in 2015
- 10 Vin Diesel movies that prove he can actually act
- Noah Baumbach on millennials, his new comedy and New York movies