Monkey: Journey to the West
A celebrated rock odyssey by the creators of Gorillaz makes its way to Lincoln Center.
Tue Jul 2 2013
Illustration: Jamie Hewlett
You’re likely familiar with the maverick pairing of Blur’s Damon Albarn with Tank Girl artist Jamie Hewlett, via their chart-topping pop creation, Gorillaz. This week, the duo’s most ambitious project to date hits NYC: Monkey: Journey to the West, which reframes a classic Chinese tale and comes complete with singers, acrobats and kung fu fighters. Whet your appetite for the spectacle with this TONY-exclusive Monkey strip.
Monkey: Journey to the West opens Saturday July 6, 2013 at the David H. Koch Theater.
You might also like
Live music calendar for New York City
- Best late-night spots in the East Village
- A day in Park Slope
- The 100 best party songs ever made
- A day in Red Hook
- The 50 best love songs ever made
- 50 sexiest songs ever made: From Marvin Gaye to Justin Timberlake
- NYC Rock 2011: The top 25 New York City bands
- Where NYC nightlife experts hang out after-hours
- Best late-night spots in Williamsburg
- Best late-night spots in Hell's Kitchen