What does Eddie Trunk have to do with NYC Metal?........... He doesnt support True Metal..... You will never see people like him or Jose Mangin (Sirious XM) at any real shows...... only those corporate backed tours and such..... Eddie Trunk and That Metal Show wouldve been cool many years ago.... in todays terms, way outdated......... Everyone else featured in this article has my respect for sure............ Ultimate Salutes to Fred Passero, Colin Marston, Immolation and all the pure gentlemen associated with Saint Vitus Bar............... Horns Up
NYC Metal 2013
We present a pictorial cross section of the local scene, featuring bands, venues, broadcasters, bloggers and more
Tue May 28 2013
Photograph: Krista Schlueter
If the NYC metal underground is a beehive, then Colin Marston’s Woodhaven studio is the queen’s lair. Bands from all over North America travel to Menegroth, the Thousand Caves, to partake of Marston’s signature clear, meaty tones, and to commune with this unassuming virtuoso—on guitar, bass and the “12-string Hell-Harp” also known as the Warr Guitar—who spends his spare time crafting avant-garde metal masterpieces of his own with Krallice, Dysrhythmia, Behold… the Arctopus and an elusive one-man band, Indricothere.
What defines NYC metal?
I CAUGHT FOGHAT THERE, AND JOE PERRY GONE SOLO, IT WAS A GREAT CLUB, A TIGHT FIT ON SOLD OUT NIGHTS. I PLAYED THE BIGGER VENUE IN QUEENS A FEW YEARS LATER.
A big shout out to Eddie for keeping a piece of Americana alive and well. Many thanks to him and his cohorts. Plus he is a fellow die hard NY Mets fan.
Live music calendar for New York City
- The 100 best party songs ever made
- The 50 best love songs ever made
- 50 sexiest songs ever made: From Marvin Gaye to Justin Timberlake
- The 50 best breakup songs
- The 50 Christmas songs you really will love (we promise)
- The 50 best workout songs
- The 20 best albums of 2014
- The 50 best road trip songs of all time
- Ultimate Pride playlist: The 50 best gay songs
- New Year's Eve concerts and live music in New York