SXSW music festival: Live photos, reviews and more
Check out on-the-scene reports, concert reviews, live music photos and videos with Time Out's coverage of the annual SXSW music fest in Austin, TX.
Wed Mar 6 2013
Austin’s glorious South by Southwest music festival comes but once a year—and for everyone taking part in this high-octane celebration, that’s a darn good thing. From March 12-18, 2013, the Texan capital hosts shows from thousands of performers, attracting some 20,000 music-loving, beer-guzzling visitors. While SXSW started out as an itty-bitty music conference highlighting unknown acts in 1987, it became big business in the '90s (Hanson and John Mayer won record deals), and then an epicenter of cool in the aughts, with bands like the White Stripes making their big breakthrough in 2001. This year, as ever, you can consider Time Out your on-site set of ears and eyes. We’ll be checking out the hottest bands, rooting for NYC talent, tweeting (follow @TimeOutNYMusic), snapping concert photos and reporting right back to you. Enjoy. And as they say down South, keep Austin weird.
SXSW coverage 2013
You might also like
Live music calendar for New York City
- The 50 best love songs ever made
- 50 sexiest songs ever made: From Marvin Gaye to Justin Timberlake
- Dance-party playlist: 100 greatest songs for an epic party
- The 50 best breakup songs
- The 50 best summer songs: Hit the beach with these summertime tunes
- New York attractions: New places that are already open
- New York attractions: Places opening in 2013 and beyond
- Goodbye, Williamsburg; hello, Greenpoint, Brooklyn!
- Concert schedule for live music shows in New York City in April
- Concert schedule for live music in New York City