"Tom's Diner" by Suzanne Vega (VIDEO)
Watch a video of the singer-songwriter performing in our office.
Wed Mar 7 2012
Suzanne Vega, who twice graces our list of the 100 best NYC songs, chats about her favorite Gotham tunes by the likes of Paul Simon and Leonard Cohen. Afterward, she gives us a peek into the inspiration behind her song "Tom's Diner," before going into an a cappella version of it.
RECOMMENDED: See all performances at Time Out offices
No. 28: Suzanne Vega, "Tom's Diner" (1987)
No. 63. Suzanne Vega, "Anniversary" (2007)
Buy Suzanne Vega's music on iTunes
You might also likeSee more in Live music
Write your own review
Live music calendar for New York City
- Dance-party playlist: 100 greatest songs for an epic party
- 50 sexiest songs ever made: From Marvin Gaye to Justin Timberlake
- New York attractions: New places that are already open
- New York attractions: Places opening in 2013 and beyond
- Goodbye, Williamsburg; hello, Greenpoint, Brooklyn!
- Concert schedule for live music in New York City
- Thanksgiving playlist: Top 20 songs of gratitude
- 101 things to do in New York City in the fall
- New York attractions: Places on our radar
- The 50 best summer songs: Hit the beach with these summertime tunes