"Tom's Diner" by Suzanne Vega (VIDEO)
Watch a video of the singer-songwriter performing in our office.
Wed Mar 7 2012
Suzanne Vega, who twice graces our list of the 100 best NYC songs, chats about her favorite Gotham tunes by the likes of Paul Simon and Leonard Cohen. Afterward, she gives us a peek into the inspiration behind her song "Tom's Diner," before going into an a cappella version of it.
RECOMMENDED: See all performances at Time Out offices
No. 28: Suzanne Vega, "Tom's Diner" (1987)
No. 63. Suzanne Vega, "Anniversary" (2007)
Buy Suzanne Vega's music on iTunes
You might also like
Live music calendar for New York City
- 50 sexiest songs ever made: From Marvin Gaye to Justin Timberlake
- Dance-party playlist: 100 greatest songs for an epic party
- The 50 best summer songs: Hit the beach with these summertime tunes
- New York attractions: New places that are already open
- Rising New York City bands you need to know
- New York attractions: Places opening in 2013 and beyond
- Concerts in NYC: The best spring shows
- Goodbye, Williamsburg; hello, Greenpoint, Brooklyn!
- Concert schedule for live music shows in New York City in March
- Concert schedule for live music in New York City