NY Sales Manager
The ideal candidate has a proven track record in online and/or integrated media sales at a top media organization. We are looking for an energetic self-starter with a consultative sales approach who can dive in and immediately add value by providing smart marketing ideas to our clients that will grow their businesses and ours. Must be a highly articulate and results-driven with strong analytical skills and a commitment to creating new business opportunities.
● Prospect, qualify, and grow a sales territory
● Hold 5 – 10 face-to-face meetings with clients and agencies every week
● Establish the Time Out brand and story with advertisers
● Engage and strategize with senior executives at client companies and agencies to demonstrate how working with Time Out will drive awareness, consideration and sales
● Identify and understand trends within a multitude of entertainment/lifestyle markets and industries
● Meet and exceed revenue targets every quarter
● Manage continuous RFP interaction with agencies in the territory
● Develop and maintain a strong sales pipeline
● Maintain up to date, accurate and informative call information, deal history and contacts in our CRM platform
● Deliver extraordinary account management both internally and externally
Desired Skills and Experience:
● Appreciation and ability to articulate how integrated marketing solutions deliver solid solutions of clients marketing and communications needs.
● Three plus years of media sales experience with a minimum of 2 year of direct online sales. Sales with event sponsorships and eCommerce a real plus.
● Relationships with top marketing decision makers, or marketing teams, at client companies and agencies
● Demonstrated track record of structuring, closing and managing complex deals● Ability to win marketshare battles
● Understand how digital technology works and the ability to explain in ordinary and technical terms as appropriate
● Very strong with Microsoft Office Suite
● Bachelor Degree
● Sense of humor
● High caliber recommendations
● BS/BA Degree
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should forward cover letter, resume, AND salary requirements to email@example.com.
Time Out New York Synopsis:
Time Out New York is a comprehensive arts and entertainment multiplatform media business, delivering engaging features, local listings and critical reviews to active and informed residents and visitors of New York City. Sometimes irreverent but always intelligent, Time Out New York provides passionate coverage of music, film, theater, dance, shopping, dining and more. Time Out New York is part of Time Out Group, the global media business delivering local information and cultural guidance in 35 cities across 24 countries and encompassing a worldwide audience of more than 17 million.