Live at TONY: Ximena Sariñana tantalizes in two tongues
The Mexican singer-songwriter and actor charms a captive crowd.
Thu Jul 28 2011
Ximena Sariñana, a Mexican singer, songwriter and actor who we first noted with a concise but admiring CD review in 2008, is on a serious roll just lately. Her second album (and first sung in English), simply titled Ximena Sariñana, is building plenty of buzz ahead of its release by multinational major label Warner Bros. on August 2; currently she's on tour with fellow international-pop stars Sia and Oh Land. In town for two shows at Webster Hall (now concluded), Sariana stopped by the TONY offices to serenade the masses with two stripped-down songs. The first, "Wrong Miracle," comes from the new album. Click past the jump for the title track from Mediocre, a debut album that was anything but middling in terms of tunefulness and charm.
RECOMMENDED: See all performances at Time Out offices
You might also likeSee more in Live music
Write your own review
Live music calendar for New York City
- Dance-party playlist: 100 greatest songs for an epic party
- 50 sexiest songs ever made: From Marvin Gaye to Justin Timberlake
- New York attractions: New places that are already open
- New York attractions: Places opening in 2013 and beyond
- Goodbye, Williamsburg; hello, Greenpoint, Brooklyn!
- Concert schedule for live music in New York City
- Thanksgiving playlist: Top 20 songs of gratitude
- 101 things to do in New York City in the fall
- New York attractions: Places on our radar
- The 50 best summer songs: Hit the beach with these summertime tunes