Must-see concerts for Labor Day
Mon Sep 5 2011
Photograph: Todd Chalfant
RECOMMENDED: Full coverage of Labor Day in NYC
Jim Campilongo Electric Trio with Nels Cline at the Living Room
Campilongo and his stellar bandmates continue their longstanding LES gig tonight, with all-over-the-map six-string god Nels Cline sitting in.
Aoife O'Donovan at Rockwood Music Hall
A splendid, folksy singer whose voice soars in Crooked Still and Sometymes Why, Aoife O'Donovan comes to Rockwood for an intimate showcase of her own.
Lindsay Mendez and the Marco Paguia Trio at Birdland
The supervoiced Lindsay Mendez joins pianist Marco Paguia to perform jazzed-up versions of pop tunes in an evening of musical revisionism.
Darius Jones Quartet at Barbs
A powerhouse saxophonist with an unusually focused perspective, Darius Jones seems to conjure holy ghosts and prodigal sons with every solo. Read more in TONY's preview of the show.
Vince Giordano and the Nighthawks at Club Cach at Sofia's
Vince Giordano is so good at reinterpreting swing classics that he and his Nighthawks have appeared in Ghost World, Finding Forrester, The Aviator and Revolutionary Road, and they're here two nights a week to score some jumping tracks for you.
Events calendar for New York City
- 33 things New Yorkers do better than everyone else
- The 33 toughest things about being single in New York
- Things to do in New York today
- September 2014 events calendar for New York City
- Things to do in NYC this weekend
- New York apartments vs. London apartments: What can you get for $2,000?
- New York attractions: The 50 best sights and attractions in NYC
- Great first-date ideas for New Yorkers
- Best free things to do today in New York City
- Feast of San Gennaro