James Beard Awards: NYC’s 2013 rookie class
Get to know the culinary talent—chefs, restaurateurs and bartenders—repping NYC at the James Beard Awards for the first time this year.
Fri May 3 2013
On May 6, culinary greats will convene at Avery Fisher Hall for the 2013 James Beard Awards. The TONY Food & Drink team will be live at the star-studded gala, tweeting the results, winner reactions and more from @thefeednyc.
In the meantime, get to know New York City’s rookie nominees, including Del Posto's Brooks Headley, Empellón Cocina’s Alex Stupak and the NoMad’s Leo Robitschek. Plus, Danny Bowien (Mission Chinese Food), Maguy Le Coze (Le Bernardin) and Dominique Ansel (Dominique Ansel Bakery) rep their respective New York City venues for the first time. Read on for their interviews.
- « previous
- next »
- 13 words that have a different meaning in New York than anywhere else
- 24 super cool things to do in New York this weekend
- The Book of Mormon
- 23 awesome things happening in New York this week
- Elastic City Festival
- "Tom of Finland: The Pleasure of Play"
- 47 wonderful things to do in New York this August
- New York is getting a brand-new Laguardia Airport
- Rooftop Films
- ABC Kitchen