James Beard Awards: NYC’s 2013 rookie class
Get to know the culinary talent—chefs, restaurateurs and bartenders—repping NYC at the James Beard Awards for the first time this year.
Fri May 3 2013
On May 6, culinary greats will convene at Avery Fisher Hall for the 2013 James Beard Awards. The TONY Food & Drink team will be live at the star-studded gala, tweeting the results, winner reactions and more from @thefeednyc.
In the meantime, get to know New York City’s rookie nominees, including Del Posto's Brooks Headley, Empellón Cocina’s Alex Stupak and the NoMad’s Leo Robitschek. Plus, Danny Bowien (Mission Chinese Food), Maguy Le Coze (Le Bernardin) and Dominique Ansel (Dominique Ansel Bakery) rep their respective New York City venues for the first time. Read on for their interviews.
- « previous
- next »
- Green matcha is the new black coffee in NYC
- Beer, Bourbon & BBQ Festival
- NYC might get a dog cafe. We repeat: NYC might get a dog cafe
- Personal chefs will make dinner at your apartment for $25
- ABC Kitchen
- Ess-A-Bagel's original location will shutter but may reopen down the block
- Vote for NYC's best grilled cheese at next week's Big Cheesy
- Calling all fried-chicken fans: Pies 'n' Thighs is coming to Manhattan
- Rattle N Hum