James Beard Awards: NYC’s 2013 rookie class
Get to know the culinary talent—chefs, restaurateurs and bartenders—repping NYC at the James Beard Awards for the first time this year.
Fri May 3 2013
On May 6, culinary greats will convene at Avery Fisher Hall for the 2013 James Beard Awards. The TONY Food & Drink team will be live at the star-studded gala, tweeting the results, winner reactions and more from @thefeednyc.
In the meantime, get to know New York City’s rookie nominees, including Del Posto's Brooks Headley, Empellón Cocina’s Alex Stupak and the NoMad’s Leo Robitschek. Plus, Danny Bowien (Mission Chinese Food), Maguy Le Coze (Le Bernardin) and Dominique Ansel (Dominique Ansel Bakery) rep their respective New York City venues for the first time. Read on for their interviews.
- « previous
- next »
- 22 super-cool things to do this weekend
- Eat and drink for free at Grand Central every Wednesday this month
- 53 wonderful things to do in New York this July
- Macy's Fourth of July Fireworks
- Brooklyn Bridge Park
- 24 awesome things happening in New York this week
- The 20 rules of living in New York
- The Book of Mormon
- Subway Casanova offers commuters a chance to "date while they wait"
- Nathan's Famous Fourth of July International Hot Dog Eating Contest