James Beard Awards: NYC’s 2013 rookie class
Get to know the culinary talent—chefs, restaurateurs and bartenders—repping NYC at the James Beard Awards for the first time this year.
Fri May 3 2013
On May 6, culinary greats will convene at Avery Fisher Hall for the 2013 James Beard Awards. The TONY Food & Drink team will be live at the star-studded gala, tweeting the results, winner reactions and more from @thefeednyc.
In the meantime, get to know New York City’s rookie nominees, including Del Posto's Brooks Headley, Empellón Cocina’s Alex Stupak and the NoMad’s Leo Robitschek. Plus, Danny Bowien (Mission Chinese Food), Maguy Le Coze (Le Bernardin) and Dominique Ansel (Dominique Ansel Bakery) rep their respective New York City venues for the first time. Read on for their interviews.
- « previous
- next »
- 24 super cool things to do in New York this weekend
- The Book of Mormon
- 21 things New Yorkers say and what they really mean
- 47 wonderful things to do in New York this August
- 23 awesome things happening in New York this week
- 12 moments when you realize you’re a New Yorker
- The nine circles of summer hell you'll experience in New York
- "Tom of Finland: The Pleasure of Play"
- Unbelievable Airbnbs you'll only find in New York
- 31 New York lessons we learned the hard way