What's your favorite new burger in town?
Wed Nov 24 2010
Photograph: Roxana Marroquin
First, there were the old-school classics: the P.J. Clarke's, J.G. Melon and Corner Bistros. Then, the burger wars consumed New York, breeding standout patties at all price points—from the fast-food-styled ShackStack to the high-minded Black Label Burger at Minetta Tavern.
RECOMMENDED: All of NYC's best burgers
Now, in these comfort-food-obsessed times, it seems like a prerequisite for every restaurant—from cheap hole-in-the-walls to celeb-chef blockbusters—to put a beefy contender on its menu. (We hear rumblings that even Michael White's forthcoming Ai Fiori plans to get in on the act, with a White Label LaFreida Burger to rival Minetta's Black.)
But which newcomers are worthy of joining the pantheon? To cut through the noise, we mainlined some Lipitor and set out to find the best new burgers in town—from West Coast-style stackers to dry-aged two-handers. Love them? Hate them? Got another favorite that you want to rep? Let us know in the comments, or make your voice heard on Twitter (@thefeednyc, hashtag #TONYFD)—prizes will be awarded to those with the loudest opinions.
Oh, and don't forget about fries. Dig into the Food & Drink team's top ten spuds while you're at it.
You might also like
Food & Drink events calendar
- 100 best New York restaurants
- Christmas Eve and Christmas Day dinner at NYC restaurants
- 50 best New York bars
- Ice-cream sundaes come back into cool
- 100 best New York restaurants: New American food
- NYC’s 12 best sushi restaurants: Top spots for Japanese food
- Cheap eats in NYC: The best budget dining in New York
- Best burgers in New York City 2013
- New breweries: Get the scoop on five outer-borough beer-makers
- Rooftop bars in NYC: visit the city’s best elevated bars