Meet the Undateables: Peter and Lucia
These lovelorn New Yorkers swear they’re absolutely undateable. We pair them up to see if they’re right.
Mon Jun 16 2014
Recommended: See more Undateables
The date: Dinner at Biblio
Peter: "She looked great—she was wearing a really cute skirt and has a nice smile. I was impressed that she was so confident and self-assured."
Lucia: "He put out his hand, but I was like, ‘Let’s hug it out!’ I usually go for guys with a bigger build. He was a gentleman and let me walk into the restaurant first."
Peter: "The conversation flowed naturally. We talked about the neighborhoods we’ve lived in, and the different places we’ve lived—she’s lived in Atlanta and I’ve lived in Alabama."
Lucia: "I don’t often meet people every day who work for a chocolate factory! He really made me laugh a few times. That’s kind of a love language for me, but I don’t think he intended it like that."
Peter: "She has a very interesting career and take on what she does in New York. She's very into the advocacy for education, which is very interesting, so that was enjoyable to hear about. That's something that's kind of outside my livelihood."
Lucia:"What he's into is so diverse. I was pleasantly surprised by that—I have a 9 to 5, and he totally mixes it up throughout the week. He joked that he didn’t know what he wanted to do when he grows up. I thought it was cool that he was so open."
Peter: "I walked her to the subway and gave her a hug. We exchanged e-mails, which seemed not as juvenile as Instagram, not as concrete as a phone number."
Lucia: "He left the tip—I offered, but he wanted to cover it. We called it a night after that."
In three words
Peter: Lucia is "confident, delightful and intelligent."
Lucia: Peter is "humorous, fearless and open-minded."
Peter: "Not a single thing turned me off, but I don’t think there was any overt chemistry. There was definitely a personal interest on a human level."
Lucia: "I wouldn’t mind crossing paths again, and I want to look up his Web series, but I don’t think it’d go beyond friends."
Undateable? E-mail as at firstname.lastname@example.org to get set up.
Get in touch
- Father John Misty opens up about marriage, New Orleans and death
- See photos of the Metropolitan Museum’s new rooftop commission
- The 20 best plays and Broadway musicals this summer
- The 15 most romantic hotels in America
- The 10 scariest post-apocalyptic movies
- Gilbert & George talk about their early work, controversy and booze
- Jim Parsons talks Twitter, God and acting on Broadway
- Jeff Garlin talks Curb, Girls Gone Wild and being a Twitter quitter
- Check out the multi-colored fun at this year's Holi party
- The coolest things to do on NYC rooftops