Midweek relief: Two can’t-miss shopping parties
Indulge in retail therapy and free drinks at a pair of fashion events hosted by Cri de Coeur and Antoinette
Wed May 28 2014
Photographer: Camilla Cerea
If you’re feeling blasé due to those post–three-day-weekend blues, there’s nothing like a little retail therapy to brighten up the week. Tonight, head over to Chelsea for a private shopping party courtesy of ethically produced accessories brand Cri de Coeur. Share a few complimentary cocktails with designers Arden Wohl, Julie Dicterow and Gina Ferraraccio as you browse cruelty-free outfit add-ons.
The spring collection consists of open-toed, heeled boots and lace-up sandals ranging between $100 and $200, but the main attraction is the Arden Wohl x Cri de Coeur collection, a line inspired by the late-19th-century art movement. The event is happening today until 8pm at Showroom Seven (263 Eleventh Ave between 27th and 28th Sts, third floor).
For all you vintage fanatics, Williamsburg boutique Antoinette is throwing a birthday party and you’re invited. In honor of its third year in business, stop by tomorrow (Thursday, May 29) from 7 to 11pm and receive 20 percent off the shop’s entire collection of pieces. Choose from a curated selection of vintage dresses, leather bags, high-waist jeans and shoes ($35–$100). There will be PBRs and music by DJ Rok One, and the first 50 guests will receive a vintage zippo lighter. Hipsters, rejoice.
Get in touch
- The 10 best shows at SummerStage 2015
- Juliette Binoche on the seduction of acting
- 101 things to do in New York
- See Broadway’s sexiest in Top Bottoms of Burlesque
- Your favorite Game of Thrones characters played by notable New Yorkers
- The best flea markets in New York
- 20 reasons why spring makes us better New Yorkers
- Cool producers you need to know in 2015
- 10 Vin Diesel movies that prove he can actually act
- Noah Baumbach on millennials, his new comedy and New York movies