Midweek relief: Two can’t-miss shopping parties
Indulge in retail therapy and free drinks at a pair of fashion events hosted by Cri de Coeur and Antoinette
Wed May 28 2014
Photographer: Camilla Cerea
If you’re feeling blasé due to those post–three-day-weekend blues, there’s nothing like a little retail therapy to brighten up the week. Tonight, head over to Chelsea for a private shopping party courtesy of ethically produced accessories brand Cri de Coeur. Share a few complimentary cocktails with designers Arden Wohl, Julie Dicterow and Gina Ferraraccio as you browse cruelty-free outfit add-ons.
The spring collection consists of open-toed, heeled boots and lace-up sandals ranging between $100 and $200, but the main attraction is the Arden Wohl x Cri de Coeur collection, a line inspired by the late-19th-century art movement. The event is happening today until 8pm at Showroom Seven (263 Eleventh Ave between 27th and 28th Sts, third floor).
For all you vintage fanatics, Williamsburg boutique Antoinette is throwing a birthday party and you’re invited. In honor of its third year in business, stop by tomorrow (Thursday, May 29) from 7 to 11pm and receive 20 percent off the shop’s entire collection of pieces. Choose from a curated selection of vintage dresses, leather bags, high-waist jeans and shoes ($35–$100). There will be PBRs and music by DJ Rok One, and the first 50 guests will receive a vintage zippo lighter. Hipsters, rejoice.
Get in touch
- Blondie’s Debbie Harry dishes on her new cabaret show
- Gorgeous photos of Macy's Flower Show
- The best style hacks for New Yorkers
- Nine ridiculous reviews of iconic New York landmarks
- The best services for entertaining at home
- It’s not me, it’s you—our breakup letters to the MTA
- The best cheap snacks in NYC—all under $5
- Elisabeth Moss talks Mad Men, Broadway and feminism
- See photos of the 2015 St. Patrick’s Day Parade
- Take a sneak peek at the new Mad Men exhibit