Midweek relief: Two can’t-miss shopping parties
Indulge in retail therapy and free drinks at a pair of fashion events hosted by Cri de Coeur and Antoinette
Wed May 28 2014
Photographer: Camilla Cerea
If you’re feeling blasé due to those post–three-day-weekend blues, there’s nothing like a little retail therapy to brighten up the week. Tonight, head over to Chelsea for a private shopping party courtesy of ethically produced accessories brand Cri de Coeur. Share a few complimentary cocktails with designers Arden Wohl, Julie Dicterow and Gina Ferraraccio as you browse cruelty-free outfit add-ons.
The spring collection consists of open-toed, heeled boots and lace-up sandals ranging between $100 and $200, but the main attraction is the Arden Wohl x Cri de Coeur collection, a line inspired by the late-19th-century art movement. The event is happening today until 8pm at Showroom Seven (263 Eleventh Ave between 27th and 28th Sts, third floor).
For all you vintage fanatics, Williamsburg boutique Antoinette is throwing a birthday party and you’re invited. In honor of its third year in business, stop by tomorrow (Thursday, May 29) from 7 to 11pm and receive 20 percent off the shop’s entire collection of pieces. Choose from a curated selection of vintage dresses, leather bags, high-waist jeans and shoes ($35–$100). There will be PBRs and music by DJ Rok One, and the first 50 guests will receive a vintage zippo lighter. Hipsters, rejoice.
Get in touch
- The 20 best spas in NYC
- Stunning aerial photos of NYC in winter
- How many of NYC's best restaurants have you eaten at?
- Ten erotic books hotter and better than Fifty Shades of Grey
- The best soups, stews and soul-warming bowls in NYC
- The 15 best sex scenes with no sex in them
- Tom Scharpling on the return of The Best Show
- The best Italian restaurants in New York
- Adorable photos from the Westminster dog show
- Adam DeVine talks Workaholics