New York shopping alert: Staten Island is getting an outlet mall in 2016
Get your credit cards armed and ready (in advance) for major discounts on high-end fashion on Black Friday '16
Mon Jun 23 2014
There’s always something to do in Staten Island, even though NYC’s least-populated borough often gets overlooked. And now, after the announcement of the Staten Island Outlet Mall—set to open Friday, November 25, 2016—we may witness a complete revitalization for the hood that has undergone so much.
Opening on the day when shoppers go cray and deals run rapid—Black Friday—the 350,000-square-foot retail space will be occupied 125 vendors, conveniently just in time for any eager holiday shoppers searching for the best deals and steals.
Shoppers will definitely find a variety of discounted goods from popular fashion brands but will be subject to mainly high-end fashion powerhouses. Discounted high-end fashion finds? No complaints here! You can expect to find the usual suspects. Rumored stores such as Coach, Michael Kors, Nordstrom Rack, Brooks Brothers and Restoration Hardware will most likely be your go-to stops.
Future tenants and shopping expectancy aside, Empire Outlets is looking to bring in 1,000 construction jobs and 1,200 permanent jobs for the community. This will certainly be a boon for the region, and once the outlet mall and New York Wheel are completed, Staten Island could see up to 6 million tourists per year.
We can guess where you’ll be on Black Friday 2016. Good thing we have new stores opening this summer to keep you occupied in the meantime.
Get in touch
- Quiz: How much of a New Yorker are you?
- Comedian duo Desus and Mero share a guide to their favorite Bronx spots
- The 12 best restaurants for dim sum in NYC
- See the progress at the gargantuan Hudson Yards development project
- The best gelato shops in NYC
- See stunning photos from NYC Bodypainting Day
- Courtney Barnett on blowing up, endlessly touring and chowing down at Roberta’s
- Check out these photos of New York's cutest bodega cats
- The 10 best acts to see at Afropunk Festival 2015
- The best tiki bars and beach bars in NYC