Sale alert: Raid a Brooklyn boutique owner’s closet at Bird tonight
Barely worn Céline. Need we say more?
Wed Jun 25 2014
Think of Bird owner Jennifer Mankins as your fashion fairy godmother. The self-described “failed minimalist” is unlocking the doors to her coveted closet tonight at the boutique’s Cobble Hill location, where stylish wares from her worldly travels will join the shop’s summer sale. Expect clothing and accessories from labels such as Céline and Dries Van Noten, as well as Rachel Comey, 3.1 Phillip Lim and Acne Studios. If her aesthetic for Bird is any indication, Mankins’s wardrobe will be a mélange of one-of-a-kind designer pieces made to mix and match. Our advice? Scoop up some unique closet staples now and never say, “I have nothing to wear,” again. (Fine, until next season.)
In case barely worn Proenza Schouler and Isabel Marant aren’t really your thing (uh, who are you?), then go ahead and browse the rest of Bird’s impeccably curated merch discounted at 15 percent off. Closet-sale shoppers will also be granted a discount on the store’s full-priced regular selection, which includes lots of current trends like printed dresses from Suno and colorblock heels from Martin Margiela among troves of exquisite jewelry.
Oh, and when you stop by, make sure to congratulate Mankins on being one of Time Out's best shops for 2014.
The closet sale is tonight, June 25 5–8pm at 220 Smith St at Butler St, Cobble Hill, Brooklyn.
Get in touch
- Father John Misty opens up about marriage, New Orleans and death
- See photos of the Metropolitan Museum’s new rooftop commission
- The 20 best plays and Broadway musicals this summer
- The 15 most romantic hotels in America
- The 10 scariest post-apocalyptic movies
- Gilbert & George talk about their early work, controversy and booze
- Jim Parsons talks Twitter, God and acting on Broadway
- Jeff Garlin talks Curb, Girls Gone Wild and being a Twitter quitter
- Check out the multi-colored fun at this year's Holi party
- The coolest things to do on NYC rooftops