Four affordable rental retreats
Bring a crowd to share the costs (and the cooking) at these relaxing vacation spots.
Tue May 10 2011
Guest house in the Hudson Valley
Within an hour's drive of the city is the historic town of New Windsor—and this eight-person hideaway. After you claim one of the three bedrooms, it's decision time: Equestrians can get back in the saddle at nearby Schunnemunk Shadow Stables (which also offers lessons), bargain-hounds will be drawn to Woodbury Common Premium Outlets, and history buffs will want to check out the local Revolutionary War sites. There's also a homey bonus: The owners, who'll meet you on arrival and departure, stock the fridge with farm-fresh eggs, bread, juice and coffee. (airbnb.com/rooms/65712?af=86284&c=all15). Starts at $350 per night.
Events calendar for New York City
- Weekend getaways from NYC: Quick, easy and affordable escapes
- Day trips from NYC to beaches, parks, wineries and more
- Buses to Atlantic City from NYC and other transport options
- Weekend trips from NYC to beach towns, mountain resorts and more
- Ski resorts near New York City
- Winter getaways from NYC: Where to ski, snowboard and more
- Best spas in New York State for a warming winter escape
- Best New York ski resorts for skiing and snowboarding
- Romantic hotels in NYC: Six spots to put you in the mood for love
- Best New York hotels: Choose your perfect place to stay