Live at TONY: The Beets flaunt their DIY charm
Fri Apr 10 2009
Welcome to the first installment of Perfect Pitch. Each Friday, we'll bring you an exclusive video of a local band or artist playing live and un- (or semi-) plugged in the TONY office. Before performing, the musician(s) in question will "pitch" Volume readers on one of their upcoming gigs. Got any ideas about who you'd like to see on upcoming editions? Let us know via the comments.
RECOMMENDED: See all performances at Time Out offices
Perfect Pitch kicks off today with The Beets, who will do their best to convince you to come see them at Glasslands Gallery tonight. The name might have you thinking of the fictional group from the Nickelodeon animated series Doug, but these Beets are actually an endearingly slackerish indie-pop band from Jackson Heights, Queens. We had a little bit of trouble corralling all the members into the TONY conference room, but once everyone arrived, the outfit turned in an awesome performance for our camera. Note the nifty Beets logo banner in the background.
You might also likeSee more in Live music
Write your own review
Live music calendar for New York City
- Dance-party playlist: 100 greatest songs for an epic party
- 50 sexiest songs ever made: From Marvin Gaye to Justin Timberlake
- New York attractions: New places that are already open
- New York attractions: Places opening in 2013 and beyond
- Goodbye, Williamsburg; hello, Greenpoint, Brooklyn!
- Best of 2013: Best cabaret in NYC
- Concert schedule for live music in New York City
- Thanksgiving playlist: Top 20 songs of gratitude
- 101 things to do in New York City in the fall
- New York attractions: Places on our radar