Live at TONY: Toro Y Moi
Thu Dec 2 2010
When Charleston, SC, indie-pop musician Toro Y Moi (real name Chaz Bundick) showed up to our office, there was rather visible proof of miscommunication—Chaz, who had misunderstood the request from his publicist, had forgotten to bring an instrument. Luckily enough, our savior was only eight floors below, in the form of SIR Stage 37, an instrument rental business that let us nab one of its Takamine acoustic guitars for the taping. Without them, these spare, rare acoustic performances would not be possible, so big props, SIR.
RECOMMENDED: See all performances at Time Out offices
Check out "Before I'm Done," from the upcoming Underneath the Pine, up top, and click past the jump for an unreleased track called "Lately" from the rising artist. The videos were shot by TONY's own Caroline Voagen Nelson.
You might also likeSee more in Live music
Write your own review
Live music calendar for New York City
- Dance-party playlist: 100 greatest songs for an epic party
- 50 sexiest songs ever made: From Marvin Gaye to Justin Timberlake
- New York attractions: New places that are already open
- New York attractions: Places opening in 2013 and beyond
- Goodbye, Williamsburg; hello, Greenpoint, Brooklyn!
- Concert schedule for live music in New York City
- Thanksgiving playlist: Top 20 songs of gratitude
- 101 things to do in New York City in the fall
- New York attractions: Places on our radar
- The 50 best summer songs: Hit the beach with these summertime tunes