Are you ready for Time Out New York’s annual sex issue?
This week: A cover made of naked New Yorkers, plus ice cream, burgers and Bay Ridge. Could it get any sexier?
Wed Jul 9 2014
Pop culture tends to depict New Yorkers’ sex lives as full of glamor and intrigue, all witty quips exchanged between passionate trysts at upscale parties. Any New Yorker could tell you that this is nonsense, but we wanted to delve into the real story about how we're actually getting down. That means investigating the awkward moments, the types of sex people are actually having (Do you know someone in a throuple? We do!) and the places to go when you’re desperately looking for action. In short, we’re bringing you the cold, hard, naked truth about sex in the city, with help from a bunch of (almost) naked New Yorkers, who volunteered to bare some skin for the sake of an honest conversation about sex. (And don’t forget to take our quiz, “What kind of New York lover are you?”)
Elsewhere in the issue, there’s a look at the twentysomethings flocking to Bay Ridge (yes, it’s happening), and a much-awaited roundup of the very best ice cream shops around the city. You’ll also find an index of the best Beyoncé/Jay Z duets, a guide to summer flea market etiquette, and a Q&A with David Hallberg, the first American dancer to permanently join the Bolshoi Ballet. Oh, and of course, info about how to vote in this year’s Battle of the Burger contest.
Go out and get busy!
Get your copy today!The new issue is on sale now, or you can go here to subscribe.
You can also download the digital edition from iTunes, Google Play and Nook.
Get in touch
- Twyla Tharp tells us about her 50th Anniversary Tour
- The best restaurants open on Thanksgiving for dinner
- Kathy Griffin chats about New York celebrities
- Margaret Cho takes on comedy taboos on her new PsyCHO tour
- 10 cool things to do in NYC after dark
- Daniel Craig on why he'd rather slash his wrists than be in another Bond movie
- The surprising joy of living without a cell phone in NYC
- The 20 best signs from the 2015 NYC Marathon
- The best cookbooks from NYC restaurants
- The best painting shows in NYC this fall