Halloween NYC 2013: Halloween parties and events
Find Halloween parties, parades and events with our guide to Halloween—NYC is full of ways to celebrate the holiday.
Tue Oct 15 2013
Looking for ideas on how to celebrate Halloween? NYC offers plenty of Halloween parties and events, as well as haunted houses where you can have your pants scared right off. Before you head out, sort out a costume at one of our recommended Halloween stores, and get into the party mood with the best Halloween songs of all time.
RECOMMENDED: Complete guide to Halloween, NYC haunted houses and costume shops
- Price band: 2/4
- Critics choice
Mexico's Day of the Dead meets New Orleans' All Saints' Day celebration for an interactive hoedown within the church formerly known as the Limelight, with blacklights and skeletons galore, a jazz funeral (an enactment, we hope, rather than the real deal), body painting and a "human voodoo doll."
Roberta’s hosts a two-day ghoulish gathering with Might Get Weird, transforming its outdoor space into an interactive haunted garden. Get into the spirit with shots of "blood" (a SoCo-and-sloe-gin Red Racer) and spiced cider, and vote for the most wow-worthy jack-o'-lantern via Instagram.
You might also like
Events calendar for New York City
- October 2014 events calendar for New York City
- 50 ways you know you’re a real New Yorker
- Bob’s Burgers interview: ‘Nobody ever asks us to go for Chinese food’
- Things to do in New York today
- Things to do in NYC this weekend
- The best free food deals at NYC bars
- Halloween in NYC
- Great first-date ideas for New Yorkers
- The 5 best affordable New York apartments (week of September 30)
- The 50 best free things to do in NYC