Hester Street Fair will expand on May 31
Close quarters won't be a problem this summer at one of NYC's most popular outdoor markets
Fri May 16 2014
Photograph: Courtesy Atisha Paulson
One of the best outdoor markets in New York City is getting a welcome extension this summer. Beginning May 31, Hester Street Fair will stretch itself along the Seward Park Promenade on Essex Street with about 28 yet-to-be-named new vendors. This is in addition to the fest's current area around the gates on Hester Street. The vendors in the new area will rotate week to week, but it'll be reminiscent of past lineups, so think everything from Melt Bakery's delicious ice cream sandwiches to Astridland's bold, minimal, made-in-NYC dresses. The opening weekend will include live music and giveaways.
Get in touch
- The 100 best movies of all time
- Jane Lynch talks about her musical journey and her show at Joe’s Pub
- The best psychics in NYC
- Quiz: How much of a New Yorker are you?
- The best cheap haircuts in NYC
- Comedian duo Desus and Mero share a guide to their favorite Bronx spots
- The 12 best restaurants for dim sum in NYC
- See the progress at the gargantuan Hudson Yards development project
- The best gelato shops in NYC
- See stunning photos from NYC Bodypainting Day