Hester Street Fair will expand on May 31
Close quarters won't be a problem this summer at one of NYC's most popular outdoor markets
Fri May 16 2014
Photograph: Courtesy Atisha Paulson
One of the best outdoor markets in New York City is getting a welcome extension this summer. Beginning May 31, Hester Street Fair will stretch itself along the Seward Park Promenade on Essex Street with about 28 yet-to-be-named new vendors. This is in addition to the fest's current area around the gates on Hester Street. The vendors in the new area will rotate week to week, but it'll be reminiscent of past lineups, so think everything from Melt Bakery's delicious ice cream sandwiches to Astridland's bold, minimal, made-in-NYC dresses. The opening weekend will include live music and giveaways.
Get in touch
- Best of 2014
- Photos of the Rockefeller tree lighting
- The best apps for New York City
- NYC taxi drivers bare all—again!
- Interpol interview
- Take a peek at Studio 54 in its glorious heyday
- Partying hard with Andrew W.K. in NYC
- The best pies for the holidays in New York City
- Oscars 2015: 15 films that could win big
- Secret New York