I'm a manly man...but I love pedicures
Thu Mar 5 2009
- I have a live-in boyfriend...and another guy on the side
- I'm a manly man...but I love pedicures
- I'm an HR associate...and a circus clown
- I am a father, husband and government employee...and the vice president of a nudist club
- I'm a closeted banker by day...and a gay activist by night
- I am a trader...and a gambling addict
- Whatever happened to...
- Why do we spill our secrets?
- How do people get like this?!?
I’m an FDNY firefighter—six feet three inches and 220 pounds—but I also practice yoga, get pedicures and enjoy brewing tea. About three months ago, I started going to yoga classes at my gym because it increases my flexibility, which is important when fighting fires. Last summer, a female friend convinced me to get a pedicure, and now I get them every two weeks to get rid of calluses. I don’t get paint on my toenails because that’s gay. Going to yoga and getting a pedicure is not gay, but getting paint on your nails is. I’ve taken to brewing loose-leaf tea in my own cast-iron pot because coffee is bad for your muscles.
I’m confident in my manliness—I love women—but I’d rather keep my habits a secret than face the abuse of my friends and coworkers. At the firehouse they’d break my balls every day [if they knew], and they’d be convinced I was gay. They wouldn’t understand that everything I do just goes back to staying physically healthy. Well, except maybe the pedicures.
NEXT: I’m an HR associate...and a circus clown >>
I am a...
Manly man/pedicure fan | HR associate/circus clown | Government employee/nudist
Banker/gay activist | Ad exec/pro wrestler
Muslim/raging alcoholic | Trader/gambling addict
My secret life 09 >>
Look around you. New Yorkers are just not who you think they are.