Late-day linkage: A revamped subway map, your perfect weekend and more
Find out what Time Out's editors are reading in today's roundup of late-day links.
Fri Aug 2 2013
Photograph: Jessica Lin
- Your perfect weekend includes a Beck concert, Summer Streets, Point Break Live and a bunch of other great things to do. Weekend! Woo!
- Subway map designer John Tauranac created an updated version that features the as-yet-unfinished Second Avenue subway and 7-train extension, and—gasp!—changes the font from Helvetica to Myriad. [New York Times]
- The National will curate a Grateful Dead tribute album with contributions from Kurt Vile, the Walkmen, Bon Iver and more. [BrooklynVegan]
- The Brooklyn Bike Patrol is back! Founder Jay Ruiz has recovered from two heart attacks and is once again helping women get home safely at night. [New York Daily News]
- This morning's cronut line was apparently bananas, so I guess we haven't reached peak cronut after all? When will the madness end? [Eater]
- There's a blog called Get Off My New York City #Bikelane! and it's glorious. [Co.Exist]
You might also likeSee more blog posts
What do you think? Tell us below!
Send tips and cat photos to:
Senior Editor: Amy Plitt (@plitter)
Editor: Marley Lynch (@marleyasinbob)
See more recent blog posts
Watch a music mash-up of 2013’s chart toppers (video)
Map: Find out what crimes are being committed in your 'hood
Inside the Fourth Annual Beard and Mustache Competition (slide show)
Photo of the day: 5 Pointz curator Meres One's new mural
Cockroach immune to freezing temperatures found on the High Line