Late-day linkage: Beach Bus options, extreme heat is sticking around and more
Find out what Time Out's editors are reading in today's roundup of late-day links.
Thu Jul 18 2013
Photograph: David Rosenzweig
- The oppressive heat wave continues. There's an excessive-heat warning in effect until 8pm Friday. Sob. [National Weather Service]
- Parents: Do not comment on your kids' stories online. We know you're just trying to be supportive, but it's kinda like in middle school, when your crush sees you out with your parents and they say something very embarrassing about your childhood. We know you mean well, but… [The Cut]
- A couple has been commuting from Hoboken to Manhattan via kayak for more than a year. According to the dude, it takes less than an hour, but a change of clothes is required to alleviate the Hudson River smell. [New York Post]
- Check out photos of the under-construction World Trade Center transportation hub; the whole thing is expected to open by 2015. [The New York Times]
- There are now myriad bus options for getting from different parts of the city to the Rockaways; today, Brooklyn Based profiled the Beach Bus, which provides sporting equipment (for once you get to the beach), and has arranged discounts at spots like Dunkin Donuts. All for $12! [Brooklyn Based]
- Janet Reitman's lengthy Rolling Stone piece about Boston Marathon–bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev—at the center of a controversy over the magazine's choice to use a photo of the alleged bomber on its cover—is now online. [Rolling Stone]
- BuzzFeed has a list of 34 things you miss about mixtapes. If you were ever a nerdy music fan, this list will likely spark some analog memories. [BuzzFeed]
You might also like
What do you think? Tell us below!
Send tips and cat photos to:
Editor: Marley Lynch (@marleyasinbob)