Late-day linkage: Bike-helmet rentals, cool subway maps and more
Find out what Time Out's editors are reading in today's roundup of late-day links.
Thu Jul 25 2013
Photograph: Courtesy Bryant Park Corporation
- Check out the prototypes for new G-train signage that will help riders figure out where to stand on station platforms—the better to ease crowding on the shorter-than-normal trains. [WNYC]
- In depressing news, Brooklyn leads the nation in disproportionately arresting people of color for marijuana crimes. [Atlantic Wire]
- More sad news: Colin Devlin, one of the co-owners of DuMont, DuMont Burger and the recently closed Dressler, was found dead in Pennsylvania, in an apparent suicide. [WSJ]
- Spike Lee says "fuck 'em" to his Kickstarter haters. Shocking! [Village Voice]
- Gothamist has a chat with a guy who designed an amazing concentric-circle map of the NYC subway. Let's do this, MTA. [Gothamist]
- Want to see Aziz Ansari in a small, intimate venue? BrooklynVegan has the scoop. [BrooklynVegan]
- Bike and Roll is offering bike-helmet rentals for Citi Bike members. C'mon, guys, is it that hard to just BUY a helmet? [NY1]
You might also like
What do you think? Tell us below!
Send tips and cat photos to:
Editor: Marley Lynch (@marleyasinbob)