Late-day linkage: Emoji tracking, a Citi Bike interactive map and more
Find out what Time Out's editors are reading in today's roundup of late-day links.
Fri Jul 26 2013
Photograph: Alex Strada
- It's the weekend! Here are 21 things to do, including an extreme pogoing competition and a Breaking Bad marathon.
- The New Yorker has an amazing interactive map/graphic of Citi Bike use over the course of one month. [New Yorker]
- The cronut craze continues: Anthony Bourdain guest-hosted for Piers Morgan on CNN last night and tried the confection for the first time live on the air. [Grub Street]
- Cats: not the heartless, human-hating creatures that people who dislike cats (better known as dummies) would have you believe. [Discovery News]
- Mayoral hopeful Christine Quinn proposed a bus rapid-transit system in the outer boroughs that would, in theory, improve commuting in farther-out areas of Queens, Brooklyn and the Bronx. [Capital New York]
- There's a website that tracks the most popular emojis being used on Twitter at any given time. Hearts: very popular! [Atlantic Wire]
- Expect service disruption on 18 subway lines this weekend. [DNAInfo]
You might also likeSee more blog posts
What do you think? Tell us below!
Send tips and cat photos to:
Senior Editor: Amy Plitt (@plitter)
Editor: Marley Lynch (@marleyasinbob)
See more recent blog posts
Map: Find out what crimes are being committed in your 'hood
Inside the Fourth Annual Beard and Mustache Competition (slide show)
Photo of the day: 5 Pointz curator Meres One's new mural
Cockroach immune to freezing temperatures found on the High Line
Tenement Museum gets grant for a post-WWII exhibition