Late-day linkage: Shake Shack’s new fries, Beyoncé bikes and more
Find out what Time Out's editors are reading in today's roundup of late-day links.
Tue Aug 6 2013
Photograph: © Randy Garutti
- In local power-couple news, Jay Z received 99 boxes of Cap'n Crunch after tweeting it was his favorite cereal, and Beyoncé biked to her final Barclays show last night. Doesn't look like she used Citi Bike, though. [Betabeat; Instagram]
- Shake Shack rolled out new fries today: fresh-cut instead of frozen (and crinkled). Before you go running to their UES outpost, the only location serving the revamped spuds, consult our handy list of Gotham's best fries. [Eater]
- Watch Cookie Monster take on Icona Pop's DGAF hit "I Love It" on Sesame Street. It goes, "Me get this feeling when I see a cookie on the plate!" [Pitchfork]
- Randy Gregory II finished his Tumblr of 100 subway-improvement suggestions, and Daily Intel highlighted their favorite proposals. We're loving the antimicrobial benches, though designated directions on the stairs would be sweet, too. [Daily Intel]
- WTF are people texting about, all the time? Interactive artist Ivan Cash hits the streets of San Francisco to investigate. [co.exist]
- The New York Times uncovered the City Hall Library with 66,000 books and over four times as many periodicals. A secret library? Not for long. [City Room]
You might also like
What do you think? Tell us below!
Send tips and cat photos to:
Editor: Marley Lynch (@marleyasinbob)