Late-day linkage: The Wire GIFs, Tina Fey returns to TV and more
Find out what Time Out's editors are reading in today's roundup of late-day links.
Tue Aug 13 2013
- Brooklyn residents are (rightfully) freaking out about MTV's Video Music Awards, which happen in two weeks at Barclays and is likely to cause a big Prospect Heights clusterfuck. MTV officials have yet to address concerns about traffic, noise or Daft Punk sightings. [The Brooklyn Paper]
- Cinéastes, take note: Woody Allen's latest film, Blue Jasmine, which we gave five stars in our review, is screening at the BAM Harvey Theater's massive Steinberg Screen through August 22. Sounds like the perfect date night to us. [Brooklyn Based]
- The New York Times reports that a new Dave Eggers novel, The Circle, will be out this fall. Hallelujah! [ArtsBeat]
- Explore "40 maps they didn't teach you in school," from countries ranked by order of friendliness to foreigners to the best places to be a mother. [The Washington Post]
- 30 Rock doyenne Tina Fey is working on a new TV show for NBC. It will be a "female-centric comedy," though no word on its name or premiere date yet. [Refinery29]
You might also like
What do you think? Tell us below!
Send tips and cat photos to:
Editor: Marley Lynch (@marleyasinbob)
See more recent blog posts
City stories: Cecelia Gomez, 57; Bushwick, Brooklyn
Join the Kickstarter block party as we count down the city’s five best crowd-funded restaurants and bars
Photo of the day: Check out this incredible balloon's-eye view of New York
It’s William Shakespeare’s 450th birthday! Where and how are you celebrating?
Public embarrassment for the police: Twitter bashes the NYPD with its own virtual nightstick