Late-day linkage: This American Life's milestone, yet another new cronut and more
Find out what Time Out's editors are reading in today's roundup of late-day links.
Mon Jul 15 2013
Photograph: Aurelie Joly
- We're in the middle of a heat wave, folks. You know what to do: Check on your neighbors, don't do anything strenuous, go to a cooling center if you need, and basically avoid the outdoors like the plague for the next few days. [Daily News]
- Yet another new cronut flavor is coming: This time, it's the "croconut." Because of course it is. [Eater]
- Gothamist has photos from yesterday's march through Manhattan to protest the verdict in the Trayvon Martin case. [Gothamist]
- WNYC launched its Mayor Tracker project today, which collects tweets and articles concerning the candidates in this year's mayoral race. [WNYC]
- This American Life released its 500th episode today. That's a whole lotta erudite storytelling. The show looks back at some of the creators' and producers' favorite episodes, so expect an emotional installment. [This American Life]
- A documentary about Calvin and Hobbes creator Bill Watterson—which is being made without the cartoonist's participation—has a distributor. From the trailer, it looks like it could be really cool. [Deadline via Complex]
You might also like
What do you think? Tell us below!
Send tips and cat photos to:
Editor: Marley Lynch (@marleyasinbob)