Plan your ultimate summer escape with the new issue of Time Out
This week's magazine offers weekend adventure ideas for beach bums, hikers and foodies—plus we find out, just what the hell is up with single men who own cats?
Wed May 28 2014
Warm temperatures seemed like a distant dream this winter, but summer has finally arrived. That means it's time to shove the boots and puffy coat under the bed, throw open the front door and start thinking about getting the hell out of the city for a few days. Weekend getaways may take a bit of planning, but this week’s issue of Time Out New York has a bunch of ideas for all kinds of adventurers. The list gives off-the-beaten-path recommendations for beach-goers trying to avoid Cape Cod traffic, gay dudes searching for the next Fire Island, artsy types who are over the Beacon hype, and many more.
There’s no shame in wanting to stick around the city, though—the new issue also includes a breakdown of three street fairs to choose from this Sunday alone. And if you want to stay local but get a quick taste of the tropics, we’ve got a list of bars around town serving boozy, refreshing summer cocktails.
Plus: Fellas with felines talk about why guys should be proud of owning and loving their cats (yes, that’s plural), and a guide for staying stylish yet comfy at Governor’s Ball.
Get your copy today!The new issue is on sale now, or you can go here to subscribe.
You can also download the digital edition from iTunes, Google Play and Nook.
Get in touch
- Twyla Tharp tells us about her 50th Anniversary Tour
- The best restaurants open on Thanksgiving for dinner
- Kathy Griffin chats about New York celebrities
- Margaret Cho takes on comedy taboos on her new PsyCHO tour
- 10 cool things to do in NYC after dark
- Daniel Craig on why he'd rather slash his wrists than be in another Bond movie
- The surprising joy of living without a cell phone in NYC
- The 20 best signs from the 2015 NYC Marathon
- The best cookbooks from NYC restaurants
- The best painting shows in NYC this fall