Plan your ultimate summer escape with the new issue of Time Out
This week's magazine offers weekend adventure ideas for beach bums, hikers and foodies—plus we find out, just what the hell is up with single men who own cats?
Wed May 28 2014
Warm temperatures seemed like a distant dream this winter, but summer has finally arrived. That means it's time to shove the boots and puffy coat under the bed, throw open the front door and start thinking about getting the hell out of the city for a few days. Weekend getaways may take a bit of planning, but this week’s issue of Time Out New York has a bunch of ideas for all kinds of adventurers. The list gives off-the-beaten-path recommendations for beach-goers trying to avoid Cape Cod traffic, gay dudes searching for the next Fire Island, artsy types who are over the Beacon hype, and many more.
There’s no shame in wanting to stick around the city, though—the new issue also includes a breakdown of three street fairs to choose from this Sunday alone. And if you want to stay local but get a quick taste of the tropics, we’ve got a list of bars around town serving boozy, refreshing summer cocktails.
Plus: Fellas with felines talk about why guys should be proud of owning and loving their cats (yes, that’s plural), and a guide for staying stylish yet comfy at Governor’s Ball.
Get your copy today!The new issue is on sale now, or you can go here to subscribe.
You can also download the digital edition from iTunes, Google Play and Nook.
- Bill Hader interview: ‘They want me to give them the hottest club, and I never have’
- Michael Cera interview
- The best food trucks in NYC
- Last-minute summer bucket list
- Check out the Boobie Trap
- Where to find the coolest classes in NYC
- The best poutine dishes in NYC
- The 45 people you will definitely meet on Tinder in New York
- The best wearable technology
- Tavi Gevinson and Kieran Culkin talk ’80s New York