See the July 4th fireworks with the Statue of Liberty
Why watch from the city when you could watch from the river?
Thu Jul 3 2014
Here at Time Out New York, we love July 4th. We love fireworks. We love eating and drinking on boats. Basically, what we're saying is, we really like the idea of watching the July 4th fireworks while partying on a beautiful boat that's cruising around NYC. That's especially true with the fireworks taking place on the East River this year, and while their return means there are more vantage points than ever to watch them from, it's hard to find a better sky-gazing companion than good old Lady Liberty herself.
If you want to get up close and personal with the nation's most famous torchbearer, you should consider Hornblower's Fourth of July Infinity cruise. Leaving from Pier 40 (located at 353 West Street) at 6pm, the cruise takes you around the most scenic parts of the harbor for the best view of the aerial explosions, while plying you with food and drink (as well as party music, courtesy of the onboard DJ). All in all, it sounds like the perfect way to spend the evening of July 4th—even if it rains.
Get in touch
- Quiz: How much of a New Yorker are you?
- Comedian duo Desus and Mero share a guide to their favorite Bronx spots
- The 12 best restaurants for dim sum in NYC
- See the progress at the gargantuan Hudson Yards development project
- The best gelato shops in NYC
- See stunning photos from NYC Bodypainting Day
- Courtney Barnett on blowing up, endlessly touring and chowing down at Roberta’s
- Check out these photos of New York's cutest bodega cats
- The 10 best acts to see at Afropunk Festival 2015
- The best tiki bars and beach bars in NYC