Staycation guide: Vacation at home with things to do in NYC
Save money and time with a summer holiday in NYC. Take a staycation and let the city surprise you all over again.
Tue Jul 22 2014
While NYC seems to have been (mostly) spared from swarming cicadas, the heat, humidity and scorching concrete might still have you ready to hop on a plane for a weekend getaway. No need: We'll help you find a respite with a staycation, whether you want to bask in the greenery of gardens, get adventurous or lounge in luxury—all without leaving the boroughs.
RECOMMENDED: Summer in New York guide
There’s no need to leave the five boroughs to get away from it all.
Unclench your teeth, unhunch your shoulders and follow our guide to lowering your stress level.
Staycation ideas by category
You might also like
- 31 things that only New Yorkers would ever put up with
- 31 things that will definitely happen to you when moving to New York
- 22 awesome things happening in New York this week
- 14 super-cool things to do this weekend
- 61 wonderful things opening in New York City in October
- The Haunted Pumpkin Garden
- 70 things you’ll never hear a New Yorker say
- Brooklyn Flea
- See the photos from the 2014 Smallest Penis in Brooklyn contest (NSFW)
- 21 things that only make sense to New Yorkers