This week’s issue of Time Out New York sees an epic battle of the boroughs
We made the five boroughs fight it out while we got ready for the best July 4th EVER
Wed Jul 2 2014
New Yorkers are a proud bunch, and we’ll happily stand together to proclaim our city’s greatness against any would-be adversary. But when we’re not pulling together as one, holy cow, do we like to bicker about which borough is the best. Are you basically completely convinced that your borough is the best borough? You’re not alone! We got five proud locals to defend their boroughs in a fight to the death. (Not literally. That would be madness.) Check out the new issue of Time Out New York to see what makes Manhattan, Staten Island, Brooklyn, Queens and the Bronx special (and hear some amazing trash talking).
Elsewhere in the issue, you'll find a guide to the best places in New York to watch the July 4th fireworks, as well as a look at how mall culture is creeping into the city (and why we secretly kinda like it). Plus, of course, there's all your favorite regulars like Sticky Note Confessions, Undateables, Word On The Street and much more. Happy 4th, everybody! And remember: Be excellent to each other. And…
Get your copy today!The new issue is on sale now, or you can go here to subscribe.
You can also download the digital edition from iTunes, Google Play and Nook.
Get in touch
- Awesome photos of the NYC LGBT Pride March
- Marc Maron talks feral cats and returning to NYC
- The best art exhibitions to see this summer
- Patti LuPone talks theater, pepper blood and her new play at Lincoln Center
- 10 reasons why Goodfellas is the most important movie of the last 25 years
- The 20 best bagels in New York, ranked
- Game of Thrones' most shocking moments
- Amazing pictures of classic Broadway shows by Joan Marcus
- The best outdoor yoga in NYC
- Take a tour of New York’s most beautiful bridges