This week’s issue of Time Out would like to take you to…Jersey?
We’re exploring the reasons it’s worth your time to visit the Garden State, as well as prepping for the Tonys with a brutal Diva Deathmatch
Wed Jun 4 2014
The Jersey issue is here, and instead of making armpit jokes, open your mind to the notion that Jersey could actually be cool. That’s right, we said it. In this week’s magazine, read the confessions of a Park Slope loyalist who made the leap over the Hudson, meet a selection of Jersey’s creative types, and find cultural destinations that Time Out New York’s editors think deserve a drive. Plus, we make crossing state lines simple with a list of Jersey towns to eye, based on where you live in NYC. (Coming from Jackson Heights? Try Maplewood.)
Not even the allure of New Jersey can overshadow the fact that the Tony Awards are here, though, and competition is fierce. This week, check out our predictions for who will win, and read up on the diva deathmatch between Cherry Jones and Audra McDonald to decide which leading lady you think should take the award.
Also in this issue: a summer bucket list of 13 food-and-drink must-hits around the city, from ice cream to lobster rolls, and a roller derby 101 to help you decipher NYC’s most badass sport.
Get your copy today!The new issue is on sale now, or you can go here to subscribe.
You can also download the digital edition from iTunes, Google Play and Nook.
Get in touch
- Twyla Tharp tells us about her 50th Anniversary Tour
- The best restaurants open on Thanksgiving for dinner
- Kathy Griffin chats about New York celebrities
- Margaret Cho takes on comedy taboos on her new PsyCHO tour
- 10 cool things to do in NYC after dark
- Daniel Craig on why he'd rather slash his wrists than be in another Bond movie
- The surprising joy of living without a cell phone in NYC
- The 20 best signs from the 2015 NYC Marathon
- The best cookbooks from NYC restaurants
- The best painting shows in NYC this fall