Uptown is the new downtown in this week’s issue of Time Out New York
Forget everything you thought you knew about life above 59th Street
Wed Jun 18 2014
There was a time when the center of cool existed exclusively below 14th. But now downtown is a sea of banks and chain restaurants, and everything awesome has moved north—or maybe it was there all along. In this week’s issue of Time Out New York, we feature original artwork by graffiti legend (and lifelong Upper West Sider) George “SEN One” Morillo, commissioned especially for the magazine, and give you an easy map of everywhere you need to be uptown, in case you’re worried about getting lost in this new land of possibilities.
Also in this issue, we’re celebrating the arrival of summer with a rundown of the best daytime parties around the city, including a guide to day-drinking—because it’s trickier than it looks.
Plus, new twists on surf ’n’ turf around the city, an interview with Swedish electropop band Little Dragon, and a primer on what to expect at this weekend’s Mermaid Parade. (Answer: Lots and lots of boobs.)
Get your copy today!The new issue is on sale now, or you can go here to subscribe.
You can also download the digital edition from iTunes, Google Play and Nook.
Get in touch
- Father John Misty opens up about marriage, New Orleans and death
- See photos of the Metropolitan Museum’s new rooftop commission
- The 20 best plays and Broadway musicals this summer
- The 15 most romantic hotels in America
- The 10 scariest post-apocalyptic movies
- Gilbert & George talk about their early work, controversy and booze
- Jim Parsons talks Twitter, God and acting on Broadway
- Jeff Garlin talks Curb, Girls Gone Wild and being a Twitter quitter
- Check out the multi-colored fun at this year's Holi party
- The coolest things to do on NYC rooftops