Watch a seagull swallow a live shark on Rockaway Beach
Just when you thought it was safe to not be grossed out in the water…
Mon Jul 7 2014
This past Saturday I took an early beach bus from Barclays Center down to The Rockaways, specifically Jacob Riis Park (in Time Out’s opinion, one of the ten best beaches in New York City). In addition to the seagulls and scantily clad quinquagenarian gay men, there were also sharks. Baby ones. One of which was SWALLOWED WHOLE, HEAD-FIRST WHILE IT WAS STILL ALIVE by a rather large seagull. Check out the full video below (ideally not while you’re eating sushi).
Get in touch
- The best seafood restaurants in NYC
- New York's quirkiest museums
- The best stoner movies of all time
- See captivating photos of NYC’s legendary creative spaces
- How to find an affordable therapist in NYC
- The 20 best-selling postcards from NYC's top museums
- The 100 best movies of all time
- Jane Lynch talks about her musical journey and her show at Joe’s Pub
- The best psychics in NYC
- Quiz: How much of a New Yorker are you?