Watch a seagull swallow a live shark on Rockaway Beach
Just when you thought it was safe to not be grossed out in the water…
Mon Jul 7 2014
This past Saturday I took an early beach bus from Barclays Center down to The Rockaways, specifically Jacob Riis Park (in Time Out’s opinion, one of the ten best beaches in New York City). In addition to the seagulls and scantily clad quinquagenarian gay men, there were also sharks. Baby ones. One of which was SWALLOWED WHOLE, HEAD-FIRST WHILE IT WAS STILL ALIVE by a rather large seagull. Check out the full video below (ideally not while you’re eating sushi).
- Quiz: What kind of New York lover are you?
- Keira Knightley interview
- Broadway Barks cute photos
- The new way to rosé: eight summer cocktails in NYC
- Neil Gaiman interview
- The ten commandments of New York apartment hunting
- Andrew Bird interview
- The 12 ugliest buildings in NYC
- Day drinking for experts
- An essential oral history of the NYC Pride March