Watch a seagull swallow a live shark on Rockaway Beach
Just when you thought it was safe to not be grossed out in the water…
Mon Jul 7 2014
This past Saturday I took an early beach bus from Barclays Center down to The Rockaways, specifically Jacob Riis Park (in Time Out’s opinion, one of the ten best beaches in New York City). In addition to the seagulls and scantily clad quinquagenarian gay men, there were also sharks. Baby ones. One of which was SWALLOWED WHOLE, HEAD-FIRST WHILE IT WAS STILL ALIVE by a rather large seagull. Check out the full video below (ideally not while you’re eating sushi).
Get in touch
- Quiz: How much of a New Yorker are you?
- Comedian duo Desus and Mero share a guide to their favorite Bronx spots
- The 12 best restaurants for dim sum in NYC
- See the progress at the gargantuan Hudson Yards development project
- The best gelato shops in NYC
- See stunning photos from NYC Bodypainting Day
- Courtney Barnett on blowing up, endlessly touring and chowing down at Roberta’s
- Check out these photos of New York's cutest bodega cats
- The 10 best acts to see at Afropunk Festival 2015
- The best tiki bars and beach bars in NYC