Watch a seagull swallow a live shark on Rockaway Beach
Just when you thought it was safe to not be grossed out in the water…
Mon Jul 7 2014
This past Saturday I took an early beach bus from Barclays Center down to The Rockaways, specifically Jacob Riis Park (in Time Out’s opinion, one of the ten best beaches in New York City). In addition to the seagulls and scantily clad quinquagenarian gay men, there were also sharks. Baby ones. One of which was SWALLOWED WHOLE, HEAD-FIRST WHILE IT WAS STILL ALIVE by a rather large seagull. Check out the full video below (ideally not while you’re eating sushi).
Get in touch
- Best of 2014
- Photos of the Rockefeller tree lighting
- The best apps for New York City
- NYC taxi drivers bare all—again!
- Interpol interview
- Take a peek at Studio 54 in its glorious heyday
- Partying hard with Andrew W.K. in NYC
- The best pies for the holidays in New York City
- Oscars 2015: 15 films that could win big
- Secret New York