I love how every single time without fail, south Brooklyn neighborhoods get ignored(bensonhurst, dyker heights, coney island, bath beach, gravesend, sheepheadbay, flatlands, Marine Park etc) funny, since its the real Brooklyn.
What is New York's best borough? Today: The case for Brooklyn
In today's round of the Battle of the Boroughs, we present five reasons Brooklyn kicks ass
Thu Jul 3 2014
In the current issue of Time Out New York, it's a Battle of the Boroughs: Natives and longtime residents square off to explain why their home turf is superior to all others. This week, we’re spotlighting one borough per day online. Read on to see whether our arguments for Brooklyn dominance sway you, or whether they only bolster your other-borough pride.
We’re living in a writer’s paradise, where you could bump into Jonathan Lethem, Chuck Klosterman or Jonathan Ames.
How about those fucking brownstones, though?
DIY venue Death by Audio (and the awesomely sweaty shows it hosts) could only happen here.
The century-old Sunny’s in Red Hook sets the standard for all great watering holes.
Think New York is becoming soft? Go to a raging loft party deep in Bushwick at 5am on a Saturday. Then get back to us. Capisci?
Get in touch
- Jennifer Hudson talks her Broadway debut in The Color Purple
- The 10 coolest walking tours in NYC
- The best dating apps and sites for New Yorkers
- The 10 best skyscrapers in New York City
- Jim Reid talks Psychocandy and announces Jesus and Mary Chain are back in the studio
- The 10 best views in NYC
- Meet the talents who will be shaping our city
- DJ Harvey talks crystal skulls and why he's the Forrest Gump of disco
- The best guacamole in NYC
- Joanna Kotze talks about her innovative performance Find Yourself Here