I love how every single time without fail, south Brooklyn neighborhoods get ignored(bensonhurst, dyker heights, coney island, bath beach, gravesend, sheepheadbay, flatlands, Marine Park etc) funny, since its the real Brooklyn.
What is New York's best borough? Today: The case for Brooklyn
In today's round of the Battle of the Boroughs, we present five reasons Brooklyn kicks ass
Thu Jul 3 2014
In the current issue of Time Out New York, it's a Battle of the Boroughs: Natives and longtime residents square off to explain why their home turf is superior to all others. This week, we’re spotlighting one borough per day online. Read on to see whether our arguments for Brooklyn dominance sway you, or whether they only bolster your other-borough pride.
We’re living in a writer’s paradise, where you could bump into Jonathan Lethem, Chuck Klosterman or Jonathan Ames.
How about those fucking brownstones, though?
DIY venue Death by Audio (and the awesomely sweaty shows it hosts) could only happen here.
The century-old Sunny’s in Red Hook sets the standard for all great watering holes.
Think New York is becoming soft? Go to a raging loft party deep in Bushwick at 5am on a Saturday. Then get back to us. Capisci?
Get in touch
- The 100 best movies of all time
- Jane Lynch talks about her musical journey and her show at Joe’s Pub
- The best psychics in NYC
- Quiz: How much of a New Yorker are you?
- The best cheap haircuts in NYC
- Comedian duo Desus and Mero share a guide to their favorite Bronx spots
- The 12 best restaurants for dim sum in NYC
- See the progress at the gargantuan Hudson Yards development project
- The best gelato shops in NYC
- See stunning photos from NYC Bodypainting Day