Get out of town: Labor Day weekend edition
Fri Sep 4 2009
RECOMMENDED: Full coverage of Labor Day in NYC
It is that time again. It's that time when we look to our hearts—those hearts that "heart" New York—and we think about leaving town. A three-day weekend stretches ahead of us, and we can hear the metaphorical bonging of the Liberty Bell, tolling out the good news: Philadelphia Live Arts the Philly Fringe Festival has come again! This is one of the finest festivals on the East Coast, and it's only a wee Zipcar rental away. You still have time to snatch some tickets to this weekend's productions of Pig Iron Theatre's Welcome to Yuba City, which stars TONY favorites Geoff Sobelle and James Sugg, and to think seriously about planning another trip up for next weekend, when the excruciatingly lovely small metal objects makes its Philly bow. Something that I can't vouch for, but looks amazingly, er, Polish in this video, is Witold Gombrowicz's Operetta, directed by the young Michal Zadara. Look, I'll even make it easy for you. Get your train schedule here. Ta-da!
You might also like
Events calendar for New York City
- The 5 best affordable New York apartments (week of July 22)
- Things to do in New York today
- Your perfect weekend
- Best free things to do today in New York City
- New York events in June
- New York attractions: The 50 best sights and attractions in NYC
- The 10 best weekend getaways from NYC
- New York events in July
- Best things to do this week in NYC
- NYC apartments vs. L.A. apartments: What can you get for $2,000?