Time Out - RSS
What is RSS?
RSS (Rich Site Summary) is a format for delivering regularly changing web content. Many news-related sites, weblogs and other online publishers syndicate their content as an RSS Feed to whoever wants it.
Why RSS? Benefits and Reasons for using RSS
RSS solves a problem for people who regularly use the web. It allows you to easily stay informed by retrieving the latest content from the sites you are interested in. You save time by not needing to visit each site individually. You ensure your privacy, by not needing to join each site's email newsletter. The number of sites offering RSS feeds is growing rapidly and includes big names like Yahoo News. .
What do I need to do to read an RSS Feed? RSS Feed Readers and News Aggregators
Feed Reader or News Aggregator software allow you to grab the RSS feeds from various sites and display them for you to read and use.
A variety of RSS Readers are available for different platforms. Some popular feed readers include Amphetadesk (Windows, Linux, Mac), FeedReader (Windows), and NewsGator (Windows - integrates with Outlook). There are also a number of web-based feed readers available. My Yahoo, Bloglines, and Google Reader are popular web-based feed readers.
Once you have your Feed Reader, it is a matter of finding sites that syndicate content and adding their RSS feed to the list of feeds your Feed Reader checks. Many sites display a small icon with the acronyms RSS, XML, or RDF to let you know a feed is available.
For more info please visit to http://www.whatisrss.com
Terms and Conditions
1. The Time Out Penang RSS Feed ("Time Out Penang Feed") is organised by Time Out Penang of Mongoose Publishing Sdn Bhd of Floor 36, Menara Ambank, 8 Jalan Yap Kwan Seng, KL, 50450.
2. By accessing the Time Out Penang Feed you agree to be bound by these RSS terms and conditions.
3. To access the Time Out Penang Feed you will need to follow the instructions detailed at http://www.timeout.com/penang/rss/default.
4. Subject to your acceptance of and compliance with these terms and conditions Time Out Penang grants you a non-transferable, non-sub-licensable, royalty free non-exclusive revocable licence to display on your website the Time Out Penang Feed which will provide a link back to particular content on the Time Out Penang website ("Time Out Penang Content").
5. Time Out Penang and Mongoose Publishing Sdn Bhd own all the copyright and other intellectual property in the Time Out Penang Feed and Time Out Penang Content. You must not use the Time Out Penang Feed for commercial purposes. The licence granted in paragraph 4 above does not extend to the Time Out Penang Content and use of the Time Out Penang Content is governed by the Time Out Penang website Terms and Conditions which are hereby incorporated into these terms and conditions.
6. The licence to use the Time Out Penang Feed herein does not include permission to use any Time Out Penang trademark on your website or elsewhere except as it may be incorporated into the Time Out Penang Feed itself by Mongoose Publishing.
7. It is a condition of use of the Time Out Penang Feed and Time Out Penang Content that you accredit Time Out Penang at the location of the Time Out Penang Feed on your website with a hyperlink back to the Time Out Penang website or if this is not possible, that you provide a text reference to the Time Out Penang website URL http://www.timeout.com/penang next to the Time Out Penang Feed. Time Out Penang reserves the right to require you to change this accreditation at any time as a condition of using the Time Out Penang Feed.