This newly renovated, red church overlooking Kungsträdgården was commissioned in 1588 by King Johan III. The project was abandoned four years later when Johan died, but was resumed in 1630 and completed in 1643. The church is named after the patron saint of pilgrims, who is depicted in the sandstone sculpture above the southern entrance carrying a walking staff. The church underwent several interior renovations in the 19th century, including the addition of five stained-glass panels behind the altar, depicting scenes from the New Testament. Sunday services are held in English at 6pm courtesy of the International Church in Stockholm.