This is one of the city's older treasures of Georgian architecture, built in 1822 for Sir William Campbell, a judge who later became Chief Justice of Upper Canada. It passed through many hands over the ensuing century, until 1973, when the 300-ton house was moved from its original location on Adelaide Street to its current position. The operation was massive, but it saved the building from demolition. In 1974 it opened as a museum, although parts of the building are used as offices and therefore off-limits to the public. In addition to guided tours, the museum has a herb garden with explanations of how herbs were used for food and medicine.