By the girls' orphanage of the same name, the church of La Pietà was famous for its music. Antonio Vivaldi, violin and choir master here in the 18th century, wrote some of his finest music for his young charges. The present building, by Giorgio Massari, was begun in 1745, four years after Vivaldi's death. Music inspired its architecture: the interior, reached through a vestibule resembling a foyer, has the oval shape of a concert hall. The ceiling has a Coronation of the Virgin (1755) by Giambattista Tiepolo.