This is one of the six scuole grandi, the confraternities of Venice. It's now occupied by the city hospital, which extends all the way back to the lagoon. The façade by Pietro Lombardo and Giovanni Buora (1487-90) was completed by Mauro Codussi (1495). It features magnificent trompe l'œil panels by Tullio and Antonio Lombardo representing two episodes from the life of St Mark and his faithful lion. Over the doorway is a lunette of St Mark with the Brethren of the School attributed to Bartolomeo Bon.