2016 Hunger Walk/Run

Things to do
0 Love It
Save it
2016 Hunger Walk/Run
More Less
2016 Hunger Walk/Run says
The Hunger Walk/Run - an annual 5K walk and “fun run” begun in 1984 - is a project of the Atlanta Community Food Bank that unites our community to raise awareness and critical funds for local hunger relief. Proceeds from the event benefit the Atlanta Community Food Bank and other local nonprofit organizations that support food pantries, community kitchens, shelters and other programs for people in need of food assistance. These benefiting partner organizations help recruit participants and receive a percentage of the funds raised to support their direct hunger relief programs.

Start a team, sign up for a team, register as an individual or donate here: http://engage.acfb.org/site/TR/2016HungerWalk/General?fr_id=1735&pg=entry

In the past, the Jewish community has been the largest fundraising organization and has brought the most participants to the day-of.

Out of the money raised by the Atlanta Jewish Community at the Hunger Walk/Run, 60% goes back to help local Jewish organizations in OUR Jewish community that combat Hunger. The other 40% goes to the Food Bank to combat Hunger in the greater Atlanta area. This is really a great cause!

If you can’t come to Hunger Walk, please consider making a contribution to the team of your choice and click on the “donate now” button.

The Park opens at noon and the walk/run 5K begins at 2 p.m.

Questions? Email Stephanie Wyatt at swyatt@jewishatlanta.org
More Less

By: Jewish Federation of Greater Atlanta

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/176900119344096
To improve this listing email: feedback@timeout.com