This memorial stands on the site where the Nazis executed over 2,500 (largely political) prisoners. In a single night in 1943, 186 people were hanged. In 1952, it was declared a memorial to the victims of fascism and a commemorative wall was built. There is little to see, apart from the execution area with its meat hooks from which victims were hanged, and a small room with an exhibition. The stone urn near the entrance is filled with earth from concentration camps.
|Venue name:||Gedenkstätte Plötzensee||Contact:|
|Opening hours:||Open Mar-Oct 9am-5pm daily. Nov-Feb 9am-4pm daily|
|Transport:||U9 Beusselstrasse, then bus 123|